The ALCOSENS alcohol measuring system enables dynamic online monitoring of production procedures, in which the alcohol concentration in aqueous solutions is significant.
Fields of use:
- Baker’s yeast fermentation
- Pichia Pastoris fermentation
- Monitoring of the alcohol concentration in process plants (dealcoholisation, distillation, etc.)
- All processes, for which alcohol is important as a reference variable
- Acetic acid fermentation (see here for more details)
The probe is directly immersed into the medium being monitored using a probe flange. The alcohol (methanol or ethanol) diffuses using a special membrane system in a measuring chamber inside the sensors. The change in electric resistance of a semiconductor with changing alcohol content is measured by an amplifier taking also into account a compensation of the temperature.
The ALCOSENS probe can be sterilised up to 143°C.
- High level of reliability
- Measuring range: 0%v/%v - 6%v/%v
- Probe can be supplied in different lengths
- CIP and SIP enabled
- Display of alcohol concentration
- Analogue outlet 4-10 mA / 0-10V
- Ethernet or Profibus connection
- Remote maintenance possible
- Alarm management
Structure and function of the measuring amplifier for the ALCOSENS probe
The measuring amplifier is designed for the connection of one up to 4 probes. Calibration takes place using the touch panel. The alcohol concentration and temperature are displayed online. The output of the analogue signal takes place using a analogue group as a 4..20mA signal or a digital interface.
The measuring amplifier and all necessary electrical connections including the carrier gas supply are installed in a switch cabinet (protection class IP 65) made of stainless steel. All cables are led via glands from the switch cabinet.
The measuring amplifier is for the measuring ranges of
- 0 %v/%v – 0.6 %v/%v
- 0 %v/%v – 6.0 %v/%v
- Other measuring ranges on request